Maitland City Council welcomes all visitors to Maitland and works towards ensuring that all seven of our flagship events are accessible for everyone.
Please find below some information about the site and accessibility options available.
Maitland Taste will be held in The Levee, Central Maitland in March 2020.
The ground in The Levee is relatively level with uneven pavers in some locations.
Accessible toilets will be hired in for the duration of the event.
The Accessible toilets will be located in the Dransfield Lane.
- Maitland Community Care Services – 02 4932 5755 or mccs.org.au
- Health Related Transport (Hunter New England Area Health Services) – 1800 660 361
- Isolated Patient Travel and Accommodation Assistance – 02 6767 8343
- Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme – 1800 623 724
- Maitland Taxis – 02 4933 7333, 131 008 or 131008.com
There are a range of parks throughout Central Maitland with accessibility parking available, please see below the recommended parks:
- St Andrews Street Car Park
- Maitland Riverside Car Park
- Elgin Street Car Park
- Albion Street Car Park
- Sempil Street Car Park
- Ken Tubman Drive (Second level car park only)
THE MAITLAND INCLUDES YOU ACCESSIBILITY TENT
The Accessibility Tent provides a safe and welcoming space for people with disabilities, their families and carers at events. Inside the tent there are a range of items for ‘Free Hire’ such as vision aids, communication cards, sensory tools and ‘sensory tents’ designed specifically for kids.
The Accessibility Tent is a collaborative initiative between Council, Ability Links NSW and local volunteers. It is staffed by people who understand the value of inclusion and play a role in raising awareness amongst the broader community of the needs and challenges faced by people with disability, their families, friends and carers.